06 novembre 2010

Must you go?

PARIS
The curtain white in folds,
She walks two steps and turns,
The curtain still, the light
Staggers in her eyes.
The lamps are golden.
Afternoon leans, silently.
She dances in my life.
The white day burns.


Ogni tanto ci sono dei libri che mi catturano.
L'ho comprato su ordinazione di una mia zia che lo voleva in inglese, l'ho sfogliato tornando a casa e finito questa mattina all'alba. E' il diario di Antonia Fraser, la seconda moglie (per 35 anni) di Harold Pinter.
Non è un libro sulla vita di lui, ma il diario della loro storia d'amore, così intensa ma semplice, unica, come tutte le storie d'amore e piena di umanità. Insieme fino alla morte di lui e anche dopo.
Vi regalo il primo e ultimo poema che lui scrisse per lei...e con gli occhi un po' lucidi comincio la mia giornata.

I shall miss you so much when I'm dead,
The loveliest of smiles,
The softness of your body in our bed.

My everlasting bride,
Remember that when I am dead,
You are forever alive in my heart and my head.


Sometimes I find books that really catch me.
I bought it because my aunt has ordered it to me from Italy. I started reading it on the way back from the shop, and finished it this morning.
It is the diary of Antonia Fraser, the secon wife (for 35 years) of Harold Pinter.
It is not a book about his life, but instead the diary of their love story. A love story so intense but simple, unique as all love stories and very moving. Together until his death, and after.
I reported the first and last poem that he wrote for her...and with my eyes still wet, I start my day.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento